Chapter 7 Forget About Playing Fair
|These 9 keys will definitely make you a successful leader|
- One person is a little withdrawn, so the other person feels abandoned and gives the silent treatment.
- One person is a little sarcastic, so the other one is sarcastic back.
- On person gets a little angry, so the other one snaps back.
Chapter 8 Quit Self-ExaggeratingAccording to the author, deja vu leaders do not strive to be or to appear more than they really are. This is what we call humility. The first thing we need to know to be successful leaders is that we need to be humble. The reason we need to be humble is that we're not perfect. Everybody screws up. When someone screws up, there are least two things we need to know:
- Successful people show kindness, understanding, and help to others who fail.
- Successful people are not derailed by their own failures; they accept them as a normal part of the process.
By being a humble leader, you will succeed more and keep your success. Here are a few ways to of deja vu leaders:
- Say you are sorry to your family, coworkers, customers and other people in your life when you fail them.
- get rid of any and all defensiveness when it occurs to you.
- Serve the people "under" you in whatever structures have place you "over" them.
Chapter 9 Ignore The Popularity PollsAs a leader, you will invariably have to deal with difficult or uncomfortable situations, rather its on the job or in your personal life. And as the author points out, deja vu leaders do not make decisions based on the fear of other people's reactions. Successful leaders are sensitive to the reactions of others, but when weighing whether or not a given course is right, whether or not someone else is going to like it is not a factor that carries any weight.
Here are some situations where being overly concerned about hurting someone's feelings can cause a person to stall out or drag a bad thing on too long:
- Firing, laying off, demoting, or reassigning an employee
- Confronting someone
- Saying no to a request to do something that involves time, energy, money, or other resources
Again, I hope you found this book summary helpful and informative. I hope you use this information in your business and personal life. It will definitely be helpful. I would like your feedback and comments on the summary. You can email me your comments as well at email@example.com Remember, pick up a copy of this book for yourself.