|Fulfilling the Dream Dr. Martin Luther King|
Comparing Leaders who lead in Difficult and Chaotic Times
|President Obama providing leadership during difficult times|
Leading in Chaos 50 Years LaterFast forward 50 years later and the country is still going through a political, social and economic upheaval. African Americans as well as citizens in states where Republicans want to keep control, are forced to stay in long lines and endure unnecessarily long f0rms to vote, gay citizens are demanding their rights to be citizens and the country’s economy in a downward spiral. As the old adage goes, the more things change, the more the stay the same. The United States has been at war since 2011 in both Afghanistan and Iraq. But it seems the right leaders are born at the right place and the right time.
How Both Leaders Led Effectively in difficult Times
- Both had to compromise their views and differences for the benefit of the people at large
- Both had to galvanize a cross section of people to gain support for their policies
- Both leaders gave their followers hope for a better future
- Both leaders engaged the heart by stirring up the people and creating excitement
- Both leaders used their high values to see above the current situation
- Both leaders dealt with the hard issues head on.
- Both leaders had great people on their teams to help them with their cause
Would like your feedback and comments on today’s blog. Do you think there are any similarities between now and when Dr. King lead the non violent movement in the 60s?