Since I started blogging seriously in January of 2013, I've mainly discussing and writing about leadership. But for some reason, I decided to shift gears and focus on PURPOSE. Not sure why but for some reason I feel that I need to write about and perhaps in the near future, make an audio or video talking about purpose.
Before we can successful at anything, you have to know your purpose. If you don't you know your purpose, you many not do well at whatever it is you're doing. Whether it's online marketing, leadership, writing, teaching, etc. We are all put on this earth for a specific purpose. And it's very important that you find out what it is or you could be wasting your time.
Nothing is worse than spending your time day-in and day-out doing the same thing and not fulfilling your purpose and being buried in a tedious and meaningless job when you could be fulfilling your purpose and wake up everyday renewed and exciting and doing exactly what you were put on earth to do.
But before you can be successful and fulfilled, you must answer these five important questions:
- Who am I? This question has nothing to do with you what you DO. This question rather is about why you were put on this earth. What is your purpose? What specific reason you were put on this earth. Most of us don't know. We think we know but we go through life asking the wrong people and consulting the wrong sources. Some people find out earlier than others. When you answer this question, then and only then can you fulfill your destiny.
- Where am I from? Until you know where you come from, you don't know who you are. There is an old saying from the sankofa tribe in Africa that says, To know where you going, you must know where you come from. Your past speaks volumes about and is a part you who you are. Your past doesn't necessarily determine your future but your past is where you learned those important lessons that made your are the person today.
- Why am I here? Believe it or not, we came here to make a difference. We were not put on this earth to work, pay bills and die. Finding out why we're here can be a difficult journey and for some people it's a long journey. Many people never find out why they're here. But it's imperative we find out why we're here. If we don't know why we're here, it's like being misused or abused; similar to using the wrong tool for the job.
- What can I do? What is my true ability or potential? We're all born with gifts and talents. Many of us have more than just one gift or talent but only when we find out gifts and talents will we enjoy life and fulfill our purpose. You will be happy doing whatever you were called to do. You will have passion and will benefits financially as well because you're excited about what you're doing.
- Where am I Going? What do you hope to become? What is your destiny? Ultimately, these are the two most important questions you need to answer. We were created to life life with meaning and purpose. We were born to to something important. In order to fulfill your destiny, you have to find your purpose.