The Go Giver is a story about a highly motivated salesman named Joe who desperately wants to be successful. Joe can be described as a go-getter but he finds that the harder he works, the more he is unable to attain his sales or life goals.
Desperate to make his sales quota for the quarter, he seeks advice from Pindar, a legendary and mysterious consultant. Over a period of a week, Pindar introduces Joe to some go-givers who are successful. A restaurant owner. A CEO. A financial adviser. A Real Estate Broker. And a Connector. Together, they teach Joe the fundamentals and principles of life that makes them successful.
Joe finally learns that changing his perspective on giving versus getting is the key to a high level of success.
Joe learns five principles of Success during his week long on the job training/seminar:
- The Law of Value - Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation - Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them
- The Law of Influence - Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people's interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity - The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity - The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.